- M.S., Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 2021
- B.S., Computer Science with Honors, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY, 2017
GPA: 3.41, GPA in Major: 3.64, Class Rank: 223 out of 1006
- 2022 - Present: Bogart Associates (formerly Blue Star Cyber).
- 2017 - 2022: U.S. Army Cyber Corps.
S. Deaton, D. Brownfield, L. Kosta, Z. Zhu, and S. J. Matthews,
“Real-time Regex Matching with Apache Spark™,” in 2017 IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC), pp. 1-6, Sept 2017. 10.1109/HPEC.2017.8091063. [paper]
D. Brownfield, S. Deaton, L. Kosta, Z. Zhu, and S. J. Matthews,
“Leveraging Apache Spark™ for Real-Time Regex Matching on Bro Log Data.” Consortium for Computing Science in Colleges - Northeastern Region (CCSC NE'17), Undergraduate Research Competition, Best Poster, Albany NY (Also won 4th place at HPC Day in Dartmouth MA in May 2017), April 2017. [poster]
S. Deaton, S. Hutchison, and S. J. Matthews,
“Using Machine Learning to Predict the Popularity of Reddit Comments,” in HPC Insights Magazine, 2017. (Invited). [paper, poster]
- Game Boy Architecture and Development (2020)
- Drinking for Science: Using Machine Learning to Make the Perfect Cocktail (2018)
- Real Time Regex Matching with Apache Spark™ (2017)
Open Source Contributions
No, I don't just go around fixing typos. However, I do try to leave things better than when I found them. The same philosophy extends to software.
- karateclub (the machine learning kind!)
- Binary Ninja API
- Git Large File System (LFS)
- Corellium API
- Google syzkaller
Conferences Attended and Invited
- Recon 2022
- ShmooCon: 2022, 2020, 2018, 2017, 2015, and 2014.
- AvengerCon: 2019 and 2018 (invited).
- IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing (HPEC): 2017 (invited).
- DefCon: 2016.
- BlackHat: 2016.
- SAE Battle Cyber Auto-Challenge: 2016.
- JailbreakCon: 2013.
- Introduction to Ghidra and Software Engineering (2022).
- iOS Attack and Defend (2022).
Program Analysis For Vulnerability Research with Sophia D'Antoine and Jordan Wiens
Vulnerability Discovery and Exploitation with Jeremy Blackthorne